We are seeking a Sous Chef that is creative, composed, committed and very well organised to join The Parogon Pub Group and assist the Head Chef in leading a large team of over 15 chefs at our up and coming new venue The Red House in Lilleshall, opening in September 2019
As Sous Chef, you will assist the Head Chef in ensuring the kitchen performs to a high standard within the boundaries of the company’s expectations, policies and procedures, particularly in the following areas;
- Day to day running and management of the kitchen – ensuring your team are providing exceptional food for our customers whilst being busy and under pressure. You will also take full accountability in the absence of the Head Chef.
- Food quality – ensure all dishes are produced in accordance with the company recipe and dish specification.
- Company compliance – ensure that the kitchen is compliant with all company due diligence checks and health & safety standards.
- Stock management – ensure that the kitchen is meeting and exceeding the company food GP target by following the company’s stock management process.
- Team development – assist the Head Chef in ensuring the kitchen team are up to date with training needs and service standards.
The successful candidate for the role will have the following;
- A creative flair and get a real kick out of a busy service
- Experience with using fresh ingredients in a high volume, busy and fast paced environment
- Smart appearance
- High level of attention to detail
- Excellent time keeping
- A positive attitude and lead by example
- Excellent communication skills
- Self-motivation and initiative
- Ability to stay calm under pressure and solve problems in a methodical manner
- A desire to progress within the Parogon Pub Group
In return we offer a competitive salary, excellent training with the opportunity to progress within a growing company, bonus scheme and staff discount when eating in our restaurants
Location: The Red House
Hours: Full Time
Salary: Dependant on experience
Closing Date: 16 Sep 2019